Vacation: Iraq

Me relating my experience in Iraq. Cheesy at times, but I try to keep it real. Also post-Iraq experiences.

Monday, July 11, 2005

Livin' In The Bunker...

I am now hangin out just outside muqdadiyah, Iraq. It's a relatively nice area, near the Euphrates so it's not just straight desert. There's a dam to the north creating the most beautiful place I've seen in Iraq, Lake Hamrin. It looks a bit like the reservoir coming across Pacheco Pass...out of place but still beautiful, of course minus all the hills and mountains.
Up to now, I've been living in "The Bunker" on FOB Normandy. It's our own palace, limited to the CA, PSYOP and THT teams. It's outfitted well: TV's, couches, Freezer, XBOXs and 5 bedrooms. It's the finest living conditions on Normandy, along with the ODA house. The guys here are as cool a bunch as you could hope for...they've been here for about 6 months. Our dog, Fallujah, is a sweetheart. She's a black n white mut...an integral member of the bunker. It's good living, but unfortunately I have to leave. Over the next few days I'll be moving to FOB Gabe, about 45 minutes from here in the town of Baqubah.
On a better note, a few nights ago, I was workin at a CP setup out in the middle of the desert and a kitten showed up. She proceeded to whine and complain for 10 hours straight...somehow she made it through the night without someone shootin her. In the morning, she hopped in our truck and refused to leave. So, I had to take her home and now I got a new buddy. She's taken to her field expedient litter box quite well...it only took one sleeping bag peeing incident. She's yet to have her first meeting with Fallujah. I'm havin' a good ol' time out here...can't wait to get home.
email me at: ryan.j.carroll@us.army.mil
love and miss all of ya

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home