Vacation: Iraq

Me relating my experience in Iraq. Cheesy at times, but I try to keep it real. Also post-Iraq experiences.

Thursday, November 24, 2005

Turkey Day

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone,
The days and nights are getting colder out here, but thankfully it seems that they are also passing by more quickly. 2-34 put forth a large effort to make thanksgiving as festive as possible... We've had basketball, lacrosse, football and soccer going on all day. Dinner started being served at the chowhall at 1300; The chow hall workers had been working for over a day straight. Baked turkey, deep friend turkey, glazed ham, pig on a spit, cornish hens, sweet potatoes, sweet potato pie, pumpkin pie, cherry pie... everything you could want for a thanksgiving dinner. I went to eat at 2pm, it's 4:30 right now, I'm planning on going back again in an hour and a half... Not sure if I'll be up to it. The highlight of today looks like it'll be the boxing matches at 1900. I didn't volunteer to box, I didn't want to be the guy to throw up his thanksgiving dinner all over the especially built thanksgiving boxing ring. But, luckily about 20 joes did sign up. One of the CPT's I work with will be rolling up in the gun turret of the PSYOP speaker truck blasting the rocky theme song wearing a man dress (He's from Philly). Frank Dizzle the Terp will be his corner guy, cleaning away the blood n guts in between rounds. It should be a good time.
I hope you all eat lots and nap aplenty.

Miss you all,
Ryan

1 Comments:

Blogger DenimRose said...

Glad to hear you enjoyed your Thanksgiving despite being away from your loved ones.

Sat Nov 26, 07:10:00 AM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home