Vacation: Iraq

Me relating my experience in Iraq. Cheesy at times, but I try to keep it real. Also post-Iraq experiences.

Sunday, January 29, 2006

Back at home...

I arrived back at Gabe two days ago... Friday? It feels good to be back (as compared to travelling and livin out of a duffel). Got stuck at Anaconda for about 3 days waiting on a flight. Weather was killing any rotary wing so HQ had to send up a convoy. It was good to spend the day with the HQ geeks, got some pizza and burgers and had a thrilling ride home (rides with HQ are always pretty fun).
Went on my first mission back today, a little post raid rolling dismount medcap attitudes and opinions intelligence assessment op. Twas' a good time.
I moved into our new place and I approve of the new living arrangements. I still have my own room, which isn't something you could say for 90% of the soldiers over here. Just working on decorations and furniture.

I miss home.

Ryan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home